Beef Noodle Soup 2
- 1 (1-pound) chuck roast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon beef soup base or 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 5 whole
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 medium onion,
- 1/2 cup celery with leaves, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, preferably thick
- Melt butter in a large soup pot on medium heat. Stir in meat cubes and fry until
browned, stirring frequently. This will take 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add water and soup
base or salt, plus bay leaves and peppercorns; bring to a boil. Turn heat down to
a simmer; cook 1 hour.
- Add carrots, onions and celery, plus marjoram, thyme and parsley; cook until
the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Bring a separate large pot of water to a boil during the last half hour of soup
cooking time. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions (usually 7 minutes
or so), and drain. Add the cooked noodles to the soup for the last 10 minutes of
Serves: 12 to 16
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.