Beefy Cabbage Soup
- 1 cabbage
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (46 ounce) can vegetable juice
- Cut cabbage into quarters and coarsely chop. Brown beef in stockpot, stirring with wooden spoon until crumbly. Add cabbage, tomatoes, salad dressing mix, tomatoes
with green chiles, beans and vegetable juice cocktail. Simmer for 1 hour.
into soup bowls and serve with warm crusty bread.
Serves 6 to 8
Source: The Bells are Ringing, San Juan Capistrano Mission