Brown Meat Stock
- 5 to 6 pounds beef or veal bones
- 6 quarts water
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 peppercorns
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- Place bones in a shallow roasting pan; bake at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes or
until bones are well browned, turning occasionally.
- Combine browned bones and 6
quarts water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer
1 1/2 to 2 hours. Skim surface frequently to remove scum. Uncover and continue cooking
- Add carrots and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and cook, uncovered,
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Strain stock through a cheesecloth- or paper
towel-lined sieve into a large bowl; discard bones, vegetables and seasonings. Cover
and chill stock.
- Skim and discard solidified fat from top of stock.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.