Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup
When cooler weather arrives, Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup is one of the first things you will want to make.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (2 pound) butternut squash
- 1 ham bone with meat or ham slice, cut up
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel squash; cut into chunks. Place in soup kettle with ham bone or ham.
Add chicken broth and water to cover. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until
squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp; drain and set aside.
- In bacon fat, saute onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes; drain and set
- When squash is cooked, remove ham bone and return any ham meat to
kettle. Add onion and garlic. Process or blend until smooth. Return to
kettle. Add seasonings. Heat and serve with crumbled bacon as garnish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes