Cheeseburger Soup is a warming way to eat your favorite cheeseburger sandwich.
- 3 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups processed cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown beef in a 3-quart saucepan; drain and set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter in the same saucepan until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a small skillet.
- Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
Prep: 45 min | Cook: 10 min | Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 330 Calories from Fat: Grams Total Fat: 18 g Saturated Fat: 11 g Cholesterol: 59 mg Sodium: 1027 mg Total Carbohydrates: 26 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 15 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.