Chicken Garlic Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 heads garlic (you read that right - full HEADS not
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed well
- Place garlic in a 1-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for one
- Remove from oven, but do not lift lid.
- In a large stock pot, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
heat to medium and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mash vegetables into broth with potato masher. Cut off just enough of the bottom
of each head of garlic to expose cloves. Gently squeeze out all the garlic from
the skins. Add roasted garlic to soup mixture. Stir very well to incorporate.
- Serve with crusty bread and cheese for a robust lunch or dinner.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes