Chicken Pot Pie Soup
All the ingredients for chicken pot pie - the chunky chicken and vegetables and the savory broth - are in this soup. A crisp crouton stands in for the pie crust.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 thin bread slices
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Mix rosemary, thyme and garlic powder in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add mushrooms, carrots
and remaining seasoning mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from saucepan. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 teaspoons butter in saucepan on medium heat, stirring to release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Gradually stir in broth until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable mixture, chicken, pearl onions and peas; simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut bread into rounds with 3 inch cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush bread with oil and sprinkle with reserved seasoning mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- To serve soup, ladle into soup bowls and top each with 1 crouton.
Yield: 8 (1-cup) servings | Prep: 15 min | Cook: 25 min
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 211 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 21 g Cholesterol: 42 mg Sodium: 469 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 16 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.