Chicken and Salsa Soup
Tender chunks of chicken breast combine with savory salsa and corn kernels to
make a delicious soup for cold days. Try crumbling a few tortilla chips over your
soup with a sprinkle of Mexican cheese.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (about 8 ounces total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups loose-pack frozen whole kernel
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack
cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 3 cups (about 3 ounces) tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine chicken, water, broth and chili powder in large saucepan. Bring to a
boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 8 minutes. Uncover; add corn. Cook for
5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa; heat through.
- Sprinkle cheese over each serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Servings: 4
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes