Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This hearty chicken and wild rice soup is a wonderful addition to your dinner
any time of the year.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix, prepared according to package
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (about 8 ounces total) boneless, skinless
chicken breast halves, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cups (1 medium) chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 3/4 cups
chicken broth, (two 14 1/2-ounce cans)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk*
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Green onions, and toasted slivered
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms,
onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables
are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Add rice, broth, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high
- Combine small amount of evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until
smooth. Add to saucepan with remaining evaporated milk and wine. Cook, stirring
occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and almonds.
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Yield:
* For a lower-fat version of this recipe, substitute NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated
Lowfat Milk for Evaporated Milk.
By: CARNATION MILKS
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes