Chili Chicken Soup
with Cilantro Dumplings
Try a new take on delicious dumplings with chiles, cumin and cilantro to create
an extra yummy soup.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from two 32-ounce cartons)
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño chile,
seeded, chopped, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken, onion, chili powder
and salt in oil, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned. Stir in broth. Heat
to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix and milk until soft dough forms.
Fold in cilantro, cumin and chile.
- Drop dough by 10 spoonsful onto simmering soup.
Cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Cover; cook for 10 minutes longer.
Prep Time 20 Minutes | Total Time 45 Minutes | Makes 5 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 400(Calories from Fat
120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g,o Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium
1770mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 33g
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 Lean Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Honorable Mention Bisquick® Recipe Contest 2010!
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker/© 2011 ®/TM General Mills.