Cream of Baked Potato Soup (T&T)
This delicious soup is very hearty and a meal in itself. The flavors of the ingredients
are just out of this world. I have been making this soup for a long time, and it
is one of our favorites. Have a nice light sour dough bread heated to serve with
this wonderful and flavorful soup.
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1/2 cup diced uncooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 4/ cup chopped celery
- 8 to 10 ounces diced cooked sausage or ham
- 4 cups
- 5 baking potatoes with skins on, washed and dried
- 2 whole carrots,
- 2 cups heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley sprigs or chopped fresh chives
- Shredded cheddar cheese for topping, optional
* Fresh chopped chives give this soup a wonderful flavor.
- Melt butter in a medium to large stock pot over medium/high heat. Add bacon and
onion sauté until golden brown. Add celery and sausage stirring for approximately
5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- While the soup is cooking, grind or finely shred potatoes (I shred 3 of the potatoes
and cube the other 2). Rinse potatoes well to remove any starch.
- Shred the carrots
in a separate bowl. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling broth and bring to a boil,
until cubed potatoes are cooked through if using cubes.
- Cool the mixture slightly. Take 1/2 of the soup and puree in food processor or
blender. Return to pot. Add cream and marjoram, salt and pepper to taste. Heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and cheese in individual bowls.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.