Cream of Baked Potato Soup (T&T)
This delicious soup is very hearty and a meal in itself. The flavors of the ingredients
are just out of this world. I have been making this soup for a long time, and it
is one of our favorites. Have a nice light sour dough bread heated to serve with
this wonderful and flavorful soup.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1/2 cup diced uncooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 4/ cup chopped celery
- 8 to 10 ounces diced cooked sausage or ham
- 4 cups
- 5 baking potatoes with skins on, washed and dried
- 2 whole carrots,
- 2 cups heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley sprigs or chopped fresh chives
- Shredded cheddar cheese for topping, optional
* Fresh chopped chives give this soup a wonderful flavor.
- Melt butter in a medium to large stock pot over medium/high heat. Add bacon and
onion sauté until golden brown. Add celery and sausage stirring for approximately
5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- While the soup is cooking, grind or finely shred potatoes (I shred 3 of the potatoes
and cube the other 2). Rinse potatoes well to remove any starch.
- Shred the carrots
in a separate bowl. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling broth and bring to a boil,
until cubed potatoes are cooked through if using cubes.
- Cool the mixture slightly. Take 1/2 of the soup and puree in food processor or
blender. Return to pot. Add cream and marjoram, salt and pepper to taste. Heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and cheese in individual bowls.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes