Ham Bone Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ham bone
- 1 pound ham scraps
- 3 quarts water
- 3 onions, chopped
teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 small head cabbage,
- 4 cups fresh or canned tomatoes
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt to
- Bring ham bone and ham scraps to boil in water with onions and pepper. If ham
has been previously cooked, simmer for 2 hours. If ham is not cooked, simmer for
3 hours. Do not add salt until later, as the ham is so salty that more may not be
- Add potatoes, cabbage and tomatoes and simmer 1 hour longer.
- Add cayenne pepper
and add more salt if needed.
- Skim off excess fat before serving.
- Serve with cornbread!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes