Heavenly Chicken Garlic Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 whole chicken, disjointed
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 large whole yellow onion
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Make the chicken broth by simmering chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic,
parsley, salt and pepper in enough water to cover. When the chicken is thoroughly
cooked, remove it and skim the fat from broth.
- Simmer broth, reducing it until it is very rich. Add the flour and butter to
a small amount of broth and mix with a wire whisk until velvety. Pour this mixture
into the remaining broth.
- Tear chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the soup.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Posted by Joyce'S at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 8:28 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes