Hot Tamale Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto
beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 12 (3 ounce) purchased
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, bell
pepper and garlic and cook until beef is brown, breaking up meat with fork.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Add broth and
tomatoes with juice. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir corn and beans into soup. Simmer until corn is just heated through.
soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tamales according to package instructions.
- Place 2 tamales into each of six bowls.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Bon Appetit magazine
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes