Italian Style Pot Roast Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chuck roast with bone, cut into pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) box acini
de pepe (very small pasta)
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large yellow
- 5 stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 3 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 quarts
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place meat, vegetables, garlic tomatoes and tomato sauce in a large pot with
the 6 quarts of water. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to
a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 hours until meat is tender.
- Toward the last half hour cook the pasta until al dente. Drain pasta add a little
bit of butter and set aside.
- With a slotted spoon remove meat. Trim fat, remove bone and shred the meat. Place
meat back into pot.
- Place some pasta in a bowl and ladle in the soup. Top with lots of parmesan cheese.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes