Italian Style Pot Roast Soup
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chuck roast with bone, cut into pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) box acini
de pepe (very small pasta)
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large yellow
- 5 stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 3 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 quarts
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place meat, vegetables, garlic tomatoes and tomato sauce in a large pot with
the 6 quarts of water. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to
a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 hours until meat is tender.
- Toward the last half hour cook the pasta until al dente. Drain pasta add a little
bit of butter and set aside.
- With a slotted spoon remove meat. Trim fat, remove bone and shred the meat. Place
meat back into pot.
- Place some pasta in a bowl and ladle in the soup. Top with lots of parmesan cheese.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.