Jambalaya Soup (Cajun)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large fryer, deboned or 5 to 6 chicken breast fillets, cut into large chunks
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 8 broth cans water
- 1 pound smoked sausage,
- 2 ribs celery, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can
diced Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 3 or 4 bay leaves
- 2 portabella mushrooms, diced
white mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions tops, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley,
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make stock with bones.
- Sauté sausage and drain fat.
- To an 8- or 10-quart cooking pot, add sausage, chicken, vegetables, stewed tomatoes,
Ro*Tel tomatoes, onion tops, parsley, poultry seasoning and bay leaves. Add stock
and cook until meat is tender. You may have to add more water or chicken stock to
cover. It should be liquid like a soup.
- Serve over rice or eat plain.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes