Leaky Cauldron Soup
- 1/2 pound Certified Angus Beef ® round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 (15 1/2-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Dust with flour; pat off excess. In an 8-quart
pot or Dutch oven, heat oil, and cook beef until browned. Add onions and garlic;
lower heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and broth to meat mixture; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce
heat to low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Add macaroni and vegetables; simmer 15 minutes more.
Nutritional information: Calories: 259 Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol:
26 mg Carbohydrate: 26 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Protein: 24 g Sodium: 1505 mg Iron:
40% of Daily Value
Reprinted with permission from Certified Angus Beef.