Meatball and Ravioli Soup (T&T)
This soup is very hearty and oh, so delicious!. It is a quick and very easy soup
to make. I hope that everyone will give this delicious soup a try.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) container Swanson chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme and oregano
- 12 ounces cheese-filled ravioli (I like to use the mini ravioli)
- 1/4 cup fresh
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh soft bread
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- Freshly chopped parsley to taste
- In a food processor place bread and pulse until you get a medium or almost fine
crumb mix. To this add parmesan cheese, onion salt, egg, parsley garlic and ground
beef, process until all ingredients are combined. Shape into 1/2- to 1-inch balls.
- In a nonstick 4- to 6-quart soup pot, brown meatballs in heated olive oil until
cooked through. Mix in onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes, being careful
not to break up meatballs).
- Add tomatoes and liquid, tomato paste, broth, water, sugar, basil, thyme and
oregano. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add
ravioli and cook, covered at a gentle boil according to package direction (approximately
10 to 15 minutes), until they are just tender and no longer have a starchy taste.
Salt to taste. Stir in parsley and sprinkle with cheese.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/19/2001 12:35 pm.