- 4 pounds lamb, meat and bones
- 9 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 black peppercorns
- 2 whole cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 large carrot, minced
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup barley
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 quarts lamb stock
- 1 cup cream
- Stock: Combine all ingredients; simmer slowly 3 to 4 hours. Strain. You should
have 2 quarts stock.
- Soup: Melt butter in 3- to 4-quart saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic
powder. Sauté for 5 minutes, but do not allow to brown.
- Add barley and flour. Cook for 2
minutes longer. Add hot lamb stock; mix well and simmer slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in cream and simmer for 10 minutes more before serving.
Makes 5 bowls or 10 cups.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.