Shanghai Meatball Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups halved pea pods or 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed, cut in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray or oil lightly.
- In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place on rack of broiler pan. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- In 4 quart saucepan or Dutch oven, combine meatballs with chicken broth and water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pea pods and carrot; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Turn off heat; add bean sprouts and green onion.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 6, 1 cup each
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.