Shanghai Meatball Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick
or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced
fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup
reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups halved pea pods or 1 (6-ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed, cut in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray or oil lightly.
- In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape
into 1-inch meatballs; place on rack of broiler pan. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat
7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- n 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, combine meatballs with chicken broth and water;
bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pea pods and carrot; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Turn off heat; add bean sprouts and green onion.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 6 (1 cup each)
Reprinted with permission from Quaker Oats.