Southwestern Chicken Soup
- 1 carton College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth 50% Less Sodium
- 1 can College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth 50% Less Sodium
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Tortilla chips, broken
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Combine the first 13 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add corn; cook 10 minutes longer.
- Top each serving with tortilla chips; sprinkle with cheese.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 1 hr 15 min
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 234 Calories from Fat: Grams Total Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 41 mg Sodium: 873 mg Total Carbohydrates: 29 g Fiber: 5 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.