Southwestern Chicken Soup
- 1 carton College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth 50% Less Sodium
can College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth 50% Less Sodium
- 1 can crushed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound boneless, skinless
chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Tortilla chips, broken
- 1 cup
shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Combine the first 13 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add corn; cook 10 minutes longer.
- Top each serving with tortilla chips; sprinkle with cheese.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min | Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 234 Calories from Fat:
Grams Total Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 41 mg Sodium: 873 mg Total
Carbohydrates: 29 g Fiber: 5 g
Recipe and photo credit: College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.