- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can
diced green chiles
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can consommé
- 3 cups cooked turkey
or chicken, shredded or chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, 1-inch strips
- 1 pound Monterey
jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt butter. Add onions and cook until tender. Add green chiles, taco sauce,
both soups (undiluted) and turkey or chicken.
- Place layer of tortilla strips on
bottom of 2-inch deep casserole. Place alternate layers of soup mixture, tortillas
- Repeat for 3 layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30
minutes to 1 hour, until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Serves 8 to 10.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.