This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Taco Twist Soup
- 3 cups College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth
- 3 cups College Inn® Fat Free & Lower Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12
minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving): Calories: 216 Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 12 mg Sodium: 1052 mg Total Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fiber: 6 g Protein: 10 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation