Bavarian Stew with Potato Dumplings
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds stewing beef or chuck steak, cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted shortening
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope French's Onion Gravy Mix
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 gingersnaps, crushed into crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 envelope French's Potato Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- Stew: Brown beef in oil in large skillet or Dutch oven.
Add water, contents of gravy mix envelope, vinegar and brown sugar. Cover; simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until
tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in raisins and gingersnap crumbs. Prepare Potato Dumplings. Drop
by spoonsful on top of simmering stew. Cover; simmer 15 minutes longer, until dumplings are firm.
- Potato Dumplings: Lightly beat together egg, water
and melted butter. Add otato Pancake Mix and finely chopped green bell pepper; stir until blended. Let stand for
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.