Beef Stew with Parsley Dumplings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small bay leaf
- Pinch of allspice
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, halved
- 6 small onions
- 3 stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packaged biscuit mix
- Beef Stew: Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge meat in flour mixture and brown
in oil in large Dutch oven.
- Stir in next seven ingredients and cover. Reduce heat
and simmer 2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion and celery. Cover and cook over
low heat 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Parsley Dumplings: Combine milk, egg and parsley; stir well. Add milk mixture
to biscuit mix. Stir just until ingredients are moistened. Drop dumplings by tablespoons
on top of vegetables. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook additional 10 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.