Bloody Mary Stew
- 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 liter bloody Mary mix
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup barley
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen mixed soup vegetables
- 1/2 of 20 ounce package frozen cut corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and mustard.
- Fry bacon in large Dutch oven. Remove bacon then brown meat in bacon drippings.
Add soup mix and water. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add bloody Mary mix, sugar, barley, bacon, frozen vegetables and onion. Simmer
for another 45 minutes. If more liquid is needed, just add more bloody Mary mix.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.