Browned Beef Stew
- 1 pound beef chuck, rump or round, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery with a few minced leaves
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- Pinch of thyme
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- Coat meat with flour, salt and pepper, shaking together in a paper bag.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add meat, remaining flour
and chopped onion. Brown well.
- Add chopped carrot and next 4 ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat for
1 1/2 hours, stirring now and then.
- Add diced potatoes, carrots and onions; cook 1/2 hour longer.
- Add peas and continue cooking about 15 minutes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.