Burgundy Beef and Vegetable Stew
- 1 3/4 pounds beef for stew, 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole baby carrots
- 2 cups frozen whole pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add beef and garlic (1/2
at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Season beef
with thyme, salt and pepper. Add broth and wine to beef. Bring to boil; reduce heat
to low. Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add carrots and onions, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and peas. Bring to boil, cook and stir 2 minutes or
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.