Chicken and Garlic Stew
This dish will make your home smell wonderful. For dinner you not only get tender,
flavorful chicken, you also have soft, nutty garlic cloves to enjoy spread on hot
French bread with the meal.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 20 cloves
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery and
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup dry white
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Separate cloves
of garlic; drop unpeeled into boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under
cold water, then peel.
- In a shallow 2-quart casserole, add oil, coating bottom of dish. Add garlic,
celery, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and thyme. Add wine and
stir. Add chicken, skin side down, and baste. Cover tightly; bake 35 minutes.
chicken, baste, and bake 40 minutes longer.
Serves 2 to 4.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Stew Recipes