Clay Baker Beef Stew
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 single-serving
envelope instant tomato soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Burgundy
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots, quartered
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 stalk celery,
- Cover a 2-quart clay baker and upturned lid with water and soak for 10 minutes;
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes and coat with flour; arrange in bottom of clay
- Combine tomato soup mix, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in water, Burgundy and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meat.
- Add potatoes,
carrots, onions and celery.
- Cover baker. Place in a COLD oven.
- Turn oven to 400
degrees F and bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Makes 4 servings.