- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Few sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Melt butter; stir in grated onion, and cook over moderate heat for 1 or
- Stir in mushroom slices and cook for several minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in crabmeat, salt, cayenne pepper and cream. Heat until mixture comes
to a boil, but no longer.
- Add parsley, chives and brandy.
- Serve in soup plates with a heaping tablespoon of cooked rice in the center.
Serves 4 to 6.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.