Creamy Chicken Stew
Want a hearty alternative to traditional stew? Try this easy-to-make Creamy Chicken
Stew recipe, a meal the entire family will love. Add sliced carrots, onion, frozen
peas, cubed chicken thighs and Zatarain’s Gumbo Mix with Rice and then serve over
freshly baked biscuits to create a creamy, hearty meal.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery, 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed
onion, 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook
and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables begin
- Stir in water and Rice Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over biscuits, if desired.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Serving Suggestion: Add 1 cup frozen peas after the rice is tender and cook for
5 minutes longer, if desired.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 302 Sodium:
768mg Fat: 18g Carbohydrates: 22g Cholesterol: 78mg Protein: 13g Fiber: 2g
Recipe and photo credit: Zatarain's.