Green Chile Stew 2
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups water
- 1 cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 to 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 4 cans
- 2 (8 ounce) cans green chiles
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sear meat in pan. Add water and bouillon cube. Simmer. Add onion, garlic, sugar
and spices; mix.
- Add tomatoes, chiles and salt to taste and simmer for at least
4 hours. More water may be added if necessary.
Two dozen fresh green chiles, roasted over charcoal, peeled and chopped may be
substituted for the canned chiles.
This stew is good frozen and reheated.