Italian Sausage Stew
- 1 can College Inn® Beef Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon
fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a large saucepan until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and basil.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add zucchini.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 45 min | 4 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 187 Calories from Fat:
Grams Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 868 mg Total
Carbohydrates: 20 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 9 g
Recipe and photo credit: College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.