Marinara Beef and Ravioli Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cleaned and cut into
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (9-ounce) container
fresh low-fat cheese ravioli
- In heavy pan or Dutch oven, brown beef and onions in oil, about 5-10 minutes,
or until onions are lightly browned.
- Add broth, marinara sauce and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and
simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and zucchini. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
- Add ravioli, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer an additional 8-10
minutes or until pasta is tender.
Recipe and photo credit: Certified Angus Beef.