New Mexican Green Chile Stew
- 2 pounds lean pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 to 8 New Mexican green chiles, roasted and peeled, seeds and stems removed, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups water
- Brown pork in the oil.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Place the pork, onion, garlic and remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven
and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
May also be made in a slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.