Pumpkin Pork Stew
This hearty and savory Pumpkin Pork Stew with tomato, potatoes and green beans
makes this dish a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove
garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 pounds lean
pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (28 ounces) recipe-ready diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14
1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rosé or white Zinfandel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium
white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) green beans, cut
into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and basil;
cook for 1 minute or until onion is tender.
- Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, broth, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick. Cover; cook over low heat for 1
hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
15 min. prep | 95 min. total | 6 servings
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe; Servings Per Recipe:
6 Amount Per Serving Calories: 310 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
Saturated Fat: 2g (11% of DV) Cholesterol: 100mg (33% of DV) Sodium: 410mg (17%
of DV) Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 7g (29% of DV) Sugars: 9g Protein:
Vitamin A: 200% of DV Vitamin C: 40% of DV Calcium: 8% of DV Iron: 20% of
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com.