- 1 clove garlic
- 1 leek or several green onions
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream or
- Cayenne to taste
- Separate asparagus tops from stems. Save all and chop the stem, steaming until
tender. Sauté garlic.
- In a blender, add the asparagus stems, garlic, butter, flour, onions and milk.
Mix well. Remove from blender and pour into medium saucepan. Heat on stove at medium
- Add cream or half-and-half. Add asparagus tops.
- Serve with dash of cayenne.
Source: Iowa Farmer Today