Black Forest Potato Soup
- 4 medium potatoes, pared and cubed (4 cups)
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and
chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 slices pumpernickel
- 1 cup sour cream
- In large saucepan combine potato, tomato, carrot, celery, beef broth and bay
leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes (or until
vegetables are tender).
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet and toast in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf from soup before serving.
- Top each serving with toast cubes and
a large dollop of sour cream.