Broccoli Cheese Soup 3
- 2 cans College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart (4 cups) milk
- 1/2 pound processed cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add carrots, celery and broccoli; cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Sauté onion in butter in the same saucepan. Add flour and stir to make smooth paste.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Cook until mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add vegetables; heat until tender.
- Add cheese; heat until cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 35 min | Makes: 6 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 472 Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 31 g Saturated Fat: 19 g Cholesterol: 88 mg Sodium: 1033 mg Total Carbohydrates:
32 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 18 g
Reprinted with permission from College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.