Caramelized French Onion Soup
- 1 1/3 cups College Inn® Beef Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
tablespoon white wine or water
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 2 slices French
bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Sauté onion in butter in a saucepan until tender.
- Sprinkle with sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir for 13-15 minutes
or until onion is caramelized.
- Add broth, wine or water and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat until toasted.
- Turn; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with toast.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 40 min | Total Time: 50 min | 2 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 272 Calories from Fat:
Grams Total Fat: 14 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 38 mg Sodium: 960 mg Total
Carbohydrates: 23 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 13 g
Reprinted with permission from College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.