Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
- 1 medium cauliflower head, separated florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Put cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery and chicken stock in slow cooker. Cover
and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Puree in blender. Return to slow cooker.
- Blend in cream, Worcestershire and cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well.
- Turn control to HIGH and heat through;
garnish servings with chopped chives.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 10:47:46 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.