Cheese Maker's Vegetable Soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup (4
ounces) shredded, aged Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Dash pepper
- In 3-quart saucepan, combine water, bouillon cubes, onion, celery, carrot and
broccoli. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 1- to 2-quart saucepan. Mix in flour; cook over low
heat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture begins to
thicken. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir cheese mixture into simmering vegetable
mixture. Season with pepper. Do not boil.
- Soup can be reheated over low heat.
Makes 4 to 6 servings (about 6 cups).