Cheesy Vegetable Soup
- 1 (16 or 20 ounce) package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower mix
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes (or equivalent of chicken soup base mix)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 pound bulk American cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Bring vegetables, bouillon and herbs to a boil in 2 quarts of water; simmer until
vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves. Add cheese and butter; stir and simmer
- Mix together flour and milk. Add to soup, stirring and simmering until soup thickens.
If needed, add instant potato flakes to thicken soup.
This recipe can also be made with broccoli as the only vegetable.