Chilled Corn-Off-the-Cob Soup
- 3 fresh ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Cut kernels off of the cob, and cut the cob into thirds.
- Cook onion and garlic in the butter until the onion is soft. Add corn, cobs,
water and milk; season with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove
the cobs with done.
- Blend soup until smooth and strain through a fine strainer. Discard the solids
and chill the soup thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning as needed, and garnish with sour cream and chives.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.