Cold Yogurt Soup
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 cups Dannon Plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed, if desired
- 3 medium tomatoes
cup finely chopped onion or scallions
- Peel cucumber and cut lengthwise into halves. Discard seeds. Cut into chunks.
Combine in electric blender or food processor the cucumber, yogurt, vinegar, salt,
garlic and onion.
- Blanch tomatoes; peel and chop. Can also substitute canned tomatoes.
Stir tomatoes into yogurt mixture.
- Chill for several hours or overnight and serve.
cucumber, onions, green pepper and tomatoes can be used as a garnish.
Makes approximately 4 servings.