Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons flour (separated)
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook
until onions are soft.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons flour.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened, adding the
remaining 1 tablespoon flour if needed, while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional 1 tablespoon flour and seasonings.
- Add cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings