Cut-Up Soup (Gazpacho)
- 3 to 4 very ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 cucumbers, finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 3 scallions, finely diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 (64 ounce) can vegetable juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all diced or processed vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rest
of the ingredients.
Makes 2 quarts.
Keeps in the refrigerator for several days.
For an alternative taste, add up to 1 cup frozen or canned whole-kernel corn,
drained, and 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles.