Elegant Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 large onion, chopped
pound fresh mushroom slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons
fresh parsley minced
- Ground nutmeg
- Sour cream
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in butter in a large saucepan for 3 minutes or until
onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper and salt; gradually add milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add parsley and nutmeg if desired.
- Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 10 min | Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 180 Calories from Fat:
Grams Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 32 mg Sodium: 531 mg Total
Carbohydrates: 16 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 7 g
Reprinted with permission from College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.