Farm Soup (Sopa Milpa Verde)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen shoe peg corn in butter sauce
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (unpeeled)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Pinch of fresh sliced jalapeno chile
- 1 fresh green New Mexico chile, blistered in hot oil, seeded and chopped
- 3 or 4 dried epazote leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook corn according to package directions and set aside.
- Blanch chopped zucchini,
- Heat chicken broth in a stockpot and add corn, including the sauce and zucchini.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese, then bring to a boil.
- Serve in warmed soup bowls and sprinkle each serving generously with cheese.